A chill is in the air so that means it’s time for soups! This rich & creamy slow cooker vegan enchilada soup is perfect for a cold day to warm you up! I love to throw things in a slow cooker in the morning and then have dinner ready to go when I’m done with work. And there are stove top instructions as well if you are short on time.
I personally can eat soup year round, but I know many people prefer to only eat it when it’s cold outside. Of course I live in Texas, so that’s rare…lol.
But I recently found an old recipe I had started working on, but didn’t finish. And since I was kind of in a rut with doing the same ole soups, it was time to mix things up a bit!
Mexican Bean & Veggie Soups are Great for Oil Free Plant Based Meals
I love Mexican food and it lends itself so well for whole food plant based meals that are oil free but still have tons of flavor.
This Slow Cooker Vegan Enchilada Soup is oil free, whole food plant based, and even gluten free. It has a light creaminess from the light coconut milk that helps to give it that creamy and cheesy “enchilada” flavor.
Bean & veggies soups are great for being able to eat a lot of food! It’s full of protein and fiber to keep you full & satiated until your next meal, but also low fat so it can help you achieve & maintain your health & weight goals.
Weekly Soup Meal Prep to Save Time
I usually make at least one big pot of soup for the week for both myself & my husband for lunches. It’s so easy and quick to meal prep and saves you time. I’ll put all the soup in a large container for me to eat on during the week. But for my husband, since he works out of the house, I send 5 meal prep containers full of soup to take to work with him.
Vegan Enchilada Soup Toppings
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love and it helps keep this website running!
There are lots of things that can go with this soup as a topping, although it’s delicious all by itself. I like to have 2-3 small corn tortillas with it. And you can warm them up in a tortilla warmer like these in your microwave, or you can bake some tortillas to have tortilla chips with your soup like these Oil Free Chili Lime Tortilla Chips.
You can also top your slow cooker vegan enchilada soup with diced avocado, cilantro, green onions, or even some sliced black olives. I don’t add any shredded vegan cheese because unfortunately they are all made of oil – but with the creaminess from the light coconut milk you won’t miss it!
This Vegan Enchilada Soup Can Be Made in 30 Minutes for a Quick Dinner
If you forgot to set up your enchilada soup in your slow cooker in the morning, no worries! You can also make this soup in 30 minutes on your stove top for a quick meal with delicious leftovers for the week.
More Whole Food Plant Based Soups You Might Like:
- Slow Cooker Red Lentil Curry Soup
- Spicy Thai Carrot Coconut Soup
- 3 Bean Vegan Chili
- Vegan Autumn Squash Soup (Panera Bread Copycat)
- Slow Cooker Jackfruit Tortilla Soup
- Vegan White Bean Chili
Learn How to Make Delicious Plant Based Recipes that are Quick, Easy, & Cheap!
Are new to a whole food plant based diet and a little overwhelmed? Not sure what you should and shouldn’t eat? Need help transitioning slowly with delicious & simple recipes your whole family will love that take 30 minutes or less? Let me help you with my Quick & Easy Plant Based Power Pack! I’ll give you the WFPB basics in simple to understand terms and tips on transitioning in a way that works for you. Learn more about my Quick & Easy Plant Based Power Pack HERE
Slow Cooker Vegan Mexican Enchilada Soup (WFPB, Oil Free, Gluten Free)
- 1 3/4 cups black beans drained, ow sodium or no salt added
- 3 1/2 cups pinto beans drained, low sodium or no salt added
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes low sodium or no salt added
- 20 ounces red enchilada sauce oil free
- 1.5 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow or sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth low sodium
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 13.5 ounces light coconut milk shake well (canned not refrigerated kind)
- fresh cilantro
- diced avocado
- corn tortillas
- oil free baked tortilla chips
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker, except the light coconut milk, and stir well.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Shake coconut milk can well & pour in before serving. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, corn tortillas, and/or diced avocado. (not included in calorie count)
Stove Top Instructions
- Place all ingredients, except the light coconut milk, in a large pot & stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover & simmer for 30 minutes.
- Shake coconut milk can well & pour in before serving. Stir to combine.
New to WFPB eating? Grab my Ultimate Plant Based Grocery Shopping List for FREE! Just fill out the form below to have it zoomed to your email, plus my weekly newsletter chocked full of new recipes & plant based eating tips.