One of my favorite cuisines (and super easy to make whole food plant based) is Mexican food. And this Instant Pot Vegan Charro Beans Recipe is no-soak so you don’t even have to plan ahead!
Mexican Food is Easy to Make Plant Based
Traditionally Mexican food was mostly plant based anyways – rice, beans, vegetables, corn, etc – so it lends itself well to creating whole food plant based dishes with just minor tweaks.
5 Minute Prep & No Soak Instant Pot Vegan Charro Beans
This oil free Instant Pot recipe makes it super easy & fast to make a batch of delicious charro beans for the week for burritos, tacos, burrito bowls, sides, and more – done in just 1 hour!
This vegan charro beans recipe only takes 7 simple ingredients & 5 minutes to prep – dried pinto beans, water, frozen chopped onion, picante sauce, ground cumin, garlic powder, and black pepper. No chopping needed when you use frozen chopped onion! But if you want to use fresh you can as well.
What kind of Instant Pot to use for the Charro Beans?
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love and it helps keep this website running!
I have a 6 quart Instant Pot like this one, and I use it all the time. If you have a smaller 3 quart Instant Pot, you can cut this recipe in half if needed. If you haven’t invested in an Instant Pot yet, it is a huge time saver! You can cook beans like this Vegan Charro Bean Recipe, brown rice, soups, potatoes, and even CAKES in it! I have a Vegan Instant Pot Chocolate Cake that is so delicious and simple! So you will definitely get your money’s worth after learning even just a few basic recipes to make each week.
More delicious & simple oil free plant based recipes you might like:
- Slow Cooker Vegan Mexican Enchilada Soup
- Easy Mexican Street Corn
- Jackfruit Street Tacos
- Easy Vegan Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- The BEST Homemade Guacamole
- Vegan Black Bean & Spinach Enchiladas
Instant Pot No-Soak Vegan Charro Beans
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 6 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion or fresh
- 1 cup picante sauce mild, medium, or hot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to an Instant Pot or pressure cooker & mix until well combined.
- Put top on & make sure sealing valve is closed. Set on manual high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Let pressure come down naturally (about 30 minutes) and then open. Use a slotted spoon to drain & serve.
New to a Plant Based Diet? Grab my Plant Based Diet Beginner’s Guide for FREE! Just fill out the form below to have it zoomed to your email, plus my weekly newsletter chocked full of new recipes & plant based eating tips.