Do you love tortilla chips, but hate all the oil that is in all the store bought brands? Baked tortilla chips are SO quick and easy to make and don’t have any of the oil or salt. Plus, making your own is so much cheaper and you can adjust the flavors to your liking. I love the chili lime flavor for summer and this recipe requires only 3 ingredients and 20 minutes!
First, you need to find a large pack of whole grain yellow corn tortillas. White corn tortillas are more processed, so you want to steer clear of those. I bought my pack at Aldi, which is my go-to store to save money and find quality products. The Mission Brand has no added oil.
Kitchen gadgets for making no-oil tortilla chips fast & easy
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you click a link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. It’s what keeps this website going and I only recommend products I love!
Suggested Kitchen Tools
I use a pizza cutter to slice stacks of tortillas into triangles. It’s super fast and easy and you can slice up to about 6-8 tortillas at the same time. Place tortillas on a cutting board and slice into quarters or sixths depending on how large you want them.
Spread the tortillas on to a foil or parchment lined baking sheet in one layer. If you use foil, you’ll want to spray lightly with cooking spray. To make it completely no-oil, use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Second, you need fresh large limes (or more of the small ones). Don’t use the lime juice bottles – doesn’t taste the same! Cut the lime in half & squeeze juice into a small bowl using a lemon/lime hand squeezer like this one. Then use a basting brush (I like the silicone ones) to brush the lime juice onto the tortillas. The silicone basting brushes are so much easier to clean and last much longer. I just throw mine in the dishwasher!
Watch the 1 minute video to see how easy this recipe is!
Make sure to LIKE the video to save it and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
No salt needed on these no-oil chili lime tortilla chips
Lastly, sprinkle chili powder on the chips. The lime juice will help make the powder stick. Use as much chili powder as you like! I did not include salt in this recipe, but you could sprinkle some on if you desire – however go easy! A little goes a long way and you want to reduce the amount of salt you are consuming anyways. The lime flavor activates the same salt tastebuds so you get that same flavor without all the sodium, so the salt really isn’t needed. You’ll like it without!
Bake the chili lime tortilla chips for 10 minutes at 350º. Then flip the chips and bake for 5-10 more minutes until very lightly browned and crispness desired. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes. The chips will actually crisp up a little more after cooling, so don’t worry if they are slightly soft after removing from oven. You don’t want to cook so long they burn or brown too much.
After they are cooled, you can store these chili lime tortillas chips in a sealed storage bag or container in your pantry. You can even use this recipe to make plain tortilla chips – just leave off the chili and lime!
More Nutritarian Life recipes you might like:
- Italian Kale Chips
- Healthy Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Vegan Southwestern Potachos
- Easy Mexican Street Corn
- Simple Summer Corn Chowder
- Easy No-Oil Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
If you try this recipe, please comment below!
No-Oil Chili Lime Tortilla Chips
- 8 whole grain corn tortillas no oil added
- 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. If using foil, you will need to spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place 4 tortillas in a stack on a cutting board. Using a pizza cutter, slice tortillas into triangles – either quarters or sixths. Repeat with 4 more tortillas. Lay tortilla triangles on baking sheet in one layer.
- Slice large lime and squeeze juice into a small bowl. Using a basting brush, brush lime juice onto each tortilla. Sprinkle with desired amount of chili powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip tortillas and bake for 5 more minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes – they will crisp up a bit more after cooling. Store in a sealed bag or container in your pantry.
Enjoy this recipe? Then join Simply Plant-Based and receive my Top 10 Plant-Based Recipe eBook for FREE! Plus, get my weekly newsletter chocked full of new WFPB recipes, tips, & inspiration. Fill out the form below!