A few weeks ago I was in San Antonio and discovered Buffalo Cauliflower from Yard House. It was truly delicious, however, it was battered and fried! NOT a healthy version by any means.
As I started looking around for buffalo recipes, I noticed that pretty much all had oil in them so I decided to make my own without and see what would happen.
I also wanted to use frozen cauliflower to save time chopping. I’m all about saving time! Plus, I am notorious for buying fresh vegetables with the intent of making a great recipe, forgetting, and then throwing away the spoiled vegetables that I waited too long to use….is that just me???
Look for buffalo sauce that doesn’t have oil like Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
As I was looking at buffalo sauce in the store, I noticed that a lot of them had oil and added “stuff” to them. The Frank’s Red Hot Sauce however did not – 0 calories!!! All I added was some garlic powder that gave it a nice flavor.
Related reading – Onion Mushroom Black Bean Burger
Full disclosure – these are not crunchy because they aren’t fried, but they still taste great! If you use fresh cauliflower they will be firmer than the frozen bag version. Up to you though!
Another option would be to use an AirFryer. I haven’t tried yet, but need to! Comment below if you try and air fryer and let me know your experience!
Standard disclosure – This post may contain links to affiliate products. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I use and love!
You can serve with vegan ranch or Walden Farms Ranch (zero calorie), but I think they taste great without anything! I actually ate this entire batch – that’s right – 2 bags of cauliflower devoured! I had quite the runny nose afterwards from all the spice…
Easy No-Oil Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 2 10 ounces bags frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400º. Steam frozen cauliflower for less than recommended time (just enough to thaw). Mine were steam bags that said 5 minutes 30 seconds for my microwave, so I did 4 minutes instead.
- Place thawed cauliflower on non-stick baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Combine Frank’s Red Hot Sauce & garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Place cauliflower in bowl and cover with sauce. Shake off excess sauce and return cauliflower to baking sheet. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with Walden Farms No-Calorie ranch for a low calorie snack or appetizer!
More great recipes:
If you enjoyed this recipe, then join Simply Plant-Based and get my Top 10 Plant-Based Recipes eBook for FREE! You’ll also receive my weekly newsletter chocked full of new plant-based recipes, tips, & inspiration. Fill out the form below!
Making your recipe
Looks good but unfortunately Franks does have canola oil in it.
Because the amount of fat on the nutrition label is 0, it is a negligible amount of oil.
Is Franks Hot Sauce high in sodium?
A serving is 190 mg of sodium, which about is 8% of your daily requirement. There may be lower sodium options, check the labels.