It’s football season (go Cowboys!) and that means wings! So if you’re worried about missing out on some delicious chicken wings now that you are trying to eat whole food plant based, let me squash your fears. This Vegan Teriyaki Cauliflower Wing recipe will blow your mind how good it is!
Cauliflower is the perfect substitute for chicken wings
Cauliflower is perfect for bite size pieces & has great texture as well to take the place of chicken. And since cauliflower doesn’t really have a flavor the batter & sauce really make this a hit!
You can use a whole head of cauliflower or buy a bag of pre-cut cauliflower to save time. I don’t recommend frozen cauliflower for this recipe as it would be soggy & mushy. Go with fresh!
Oil Free Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love and it helps keep this website running!
No need for oil of any kind in this baked recipe and the sauce is my homemade Teriyaki Sauce that you can whip up in about 5 minutes with some basic ingredients. But you can use your own Teriyaki sauce that you like or use any BBQ sauce or even Frank’s Hot Sauce to make these buffalo style.
Cauliflower is a cancer-fighting cruciferous vegetable
Did you know that cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable? Cruciferous vegetables have twice the cancer-fighting power as regular vegetables! So while you’re munching on these vegan cauliflower wings at halftime, you’ll be boosting your immune system!
WFPB Dips for your Vegan Oil Free Cauliflower Wings
You can even have a vegan ranch dip for your wings too! Or you might want to try this Garlic Cashew Cream Sauce.
You can even use these oil free cauliflower wings as salad and grain bowl toppers or to make tacos!
More simple & delicious Whole Food Plant Based Party appetizers you might like:
- Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
- Best Homemade Guacamole
- No Oil Chili Lime Tortilla Chips
- Vegan 7 Layer Bean Dip
- Healthy Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Dill Pickle Hummus
Learn How to Make Delicious Plant Based Recipes that are Quick, Easy, & Cheap!
Are new to a whole food plant based diet and a little overwhelmed? Not sure what you should and shouldn’t eat? Need help transitioning slowly with delicious & simple recipes your whole family will love that take 30 minutes or less? Let me help you with my Quick & Easy Plant Based Power Pack! I’ll give you the WFPB basics in simple to understand terms and tips on transitioning in a way that works for you. Learn more about my Quick & Easy Plant Based Power Pack HERE
Vegan Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings Recipe (WFPB & Oil Free)
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup whole wheat flour chickpea flour for gluten free
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 recipe Teriyaki Sauce about 3/4 cup sauce
- Preheat to oven to 425°F and line 2 baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite size pieces & set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour & spices). Add the milk & water and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the batter in batches, making sure they are fully coated. Shake off the excess batter of each piece & place on the baking mats. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, you can make the Teriyaki Sauce.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven, and place florets in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the Teriyaki sauce (or any BBQ sauce or Frank's Red Hot Sauce) over the cauliflower and then toss with spoon until all the florets are fully coated.
- Spread the sauced cauliflower wings out on the baking sheets again and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve with your favorite vegan ranch dressing or sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Vegan Ranch Dressing: https://simplyplantbasedkitchen.com/easy-vegan-ranch-dressing-oil-free/
- Garlic Cashew Cream Dressing: https://simplyplantbasedkitchen.com/garlic-cashew-cream-sauce-recipe/
New to WFPB eating? Grab my Ultimate Plant Based Grocery Shopping List for FREE! Just fill out the form below to have it zoomed to your email, plus my weekly newsletter chocked full of new recipes & plant based eating tips.