If you love Fettuccine Alfredo, but weren’t sure how you could make it whole food plant based, you’re gonna LOVE this recipe! It’s vegan, oil free, low sodium, and even low fat!
Oh and by the way, it only takes 20 minutes and no chopping required!
Shhh….there are hidden veggies in this vegan Alfredo sauce
I use steamed cauliflower florets & a small amount of cashews to create the creaminess in this oil free vegan Alfredo sauce and still keep it low fat.
And don’t worry! Cauliflower is a very neutral flavor and you won’t taste the hidden veggies!
I made this the other night for my kids and they ate it up. I did NOT tell them there was cauliflower in the sauce LOL.
I think it rivals Olive Garden, but a heck of a lot healthier!
Low fat, high protein, & high fiber for a whole food plant based WIN
This dish is low fat (around 16% fat compared to a regular Alfredo sauce that is around 75% fat), using only a small amount of cashews and mostly cauliflower & unsweetened plant milk to create the sauce – the flavor comes from all the spices & nutritional yeast.
It’s got 17 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber, & is a good source of calcium making this a nutritional powerhouse.
Pantry & freezer staples to save time making Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
I’m all about making things simple & easy! This whole food plant based Fettuccine Alfredo uses all pantry & freezer staples, so you can have your ingredients on hand to throw this together in now time any night of the week. I like the frozen steamable bags of cauliflower florets so I don’t have to use another dish to steam them.
High powered blender to make the Oil Free Vegan Alfredo Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love and it helps keep this website running!
I love my Vitamix Blender because it truly makes sauces completely creamy like nothing else!
If you don’t have a blender like a Vitamix, you’ll want to soak your cashew in warm water for at least 20 minutes to soften.
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo is easy to make gluten free
I’m not gluten free, so I prefer using whole wheat or whole grain pasta. BUT, these days it’s super simple to swap out a whole wheat pasta for a gluten free version. There are many on the market like brown rice pasta or Banza chickpea pasta, just to name a few.
More simple & delicious whole food plant based recipes you might like:
- Italian Lentil Meatballs
- Vegan Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- Vegan BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
- One Pot Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
- Healthy Vegan Chef Boyardee Pasta
Register for the FREE Plant Based Diet Masterclass
Learn about how the RIGHT plant based diet can improve your health and even help you lose weight if you need to. But, there are many common mistakes I see people make all the time. Don’t let that be what holds you back from success! Click here to register for this FREE Plant Based Diet Masterclass for a limited time!
Creamy Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo (WFPB, Oil Free)
- 16 ounces whole wheat fettuccine or linguini pasta brown rice or chickpea pasta for gluten free
- 4 cups frozen cauliflower florets or fresh
- 1/2 cup cashews unsalted
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste or 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper optional
- fresh chopped parsley
- freshly ground pepper
- nutritional yeast
- Boil a large pot of water and cook the fettuccine according to the package, until desired tenderness.
- Steam the cauliflower in the microwave, according to the package – I like to use the steam bags to save time. (If using fresh cauliflower, place in a microwave safe dish, add 2 tablespoons of water, cover, and microwave for 3-4 minutes.)
- In a high powered blender, add the steamed cauliflower (drained) & all the rest of the ingredients. (if you don't have a high powered blender like a Vitamix, you will want to soak your cashews in warm water for about 20 minutes ahead of time to soften)
- Blend until smooth & creamy, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Drain the pasta when done & return to the pot. (Turn off heat to stove)
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over the pasta & mix until well combined.
- Serve immediately & top with optional fresh parsley, additional black pepper, or nutritional yeast, if desired.
New to WFPB eating? Grab my Ultimate Plant Based Grocery Shopping List for FREE! Just fill out the form below to have it zoomed to your email, plus my weekly newsletter chocked full of new recipes & plant based eating tips.