If you have been following since Week 5, then you know that I was chaperoning my son’s Camp Grady Spruce YMCA 5th grade camping trip. I brought some snacks with me, but for the most part I just have to eat whatever they are serving. I don’t have access to a fridge or anyway to cook something myself. We are staying in cabins in the woods, which I am very excited they have beds, bathrooms, and A/C! I don’t do “real” camping…. Our idea of family camping is our RV motorhome :-)….. which is AWESOME when you want to travel a lot but cook your own food!
During the 5th grade “camping” trip, I was happy to see we had a salad bar, but slowly over the days it started to dwindle in variety and availability. I did my best to avoid the SAD options, but sometimes it was just difficult to do. The last day of camp was the worst because there was no salad bar and we all got “sack lunches” because they were pretty much closing down the kitchen. We had turkey and cheese sandwiches on white bread with Lays chips and Capri Suns to drink. Wow….
I was able to get back on track pretty quickly once returning from camp, but MAN did I have some mega gas the next day. It hasn’t really been a problem for me eating all the high fiber foods, but going from a few days of super SAD eating back to all the high fiber was quite a jolt for my body!
This week is actually only 6 days, because guess what? Going out of town again! I wanted to get a clearer picture of before and after, so I weighed myself a day early. Next week will be 8 days long.
This post may contain affiliate links to products I use. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love!
Related Reading – Check out my journey from the beginning!
Nutritarian Diet Food Journal Week 6
Day 36: 153.5 pounds to start
Day 2 at YMCA Camp
- Breakfast – Scrambled eggs on tortilla (not whole wheat I’m pretty sure) with breakfast potatoes and peppers, grapes, mandarin oranges, 1/2 banana, and coffee.
- Lunch – Salad Bar! Romaine, Spinach, black-eyed peas, bean salad (probably had oil in it), black olives, sunflower seeds, grapes, Italian dressing (full oil probably/nothing was labeled). I also had a few of the chicken strips they were serving the kids. Dry and hard as a rock!
- Dinner – Salad Bar again! Romaine, spinach, black olives, sunflower seeds, grapes, ranch dressing. Salad bar options are dwindling… Little bit of the spaghetti they served the kids.
Day 3 at YMCA Camp – last day
- Breakfast – Scrambled eggs, grapes, mandarin oranges, banana, coffee.
- Lunch – Sack lunches. Ug. Turkey and cheese on white bread with Lays chips and Capri Sun. Knowing what I know now this kind of thing should be banned from ever serving kids….All health demoting junk food.
- Dinner – HOME SWEET HOME! Black-eyed peas, turnip greens, turnips, and healthy vegan carrot cake.
- Breakfast – Avocado toast on Ezekiel Bread & Pomegranate Arils; coffee with unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch – Whole grain tortilla wrap – Kale, sun-dried tomatoes, green olives, hummus, shredded carrots, balsamic vinegar
- Dinner – Turnip Greens, Turnips, Black-eyed peas, Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Snack – Fat free popcorn while watching a movie with the kids
- Breakfast – Avocado Toast (Ezekiel Bread), raspberries & coffee w/unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch – Taco Bean Soup & Grapes
- Dinner – Black-eyed peas & steamed cabbage
- Breakfast – Avocado Toast (Ezekiel Bread), Pomegranate arils, coffee w/unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch – Thai Carrot Soup (so good! recipe coming soon!), steamed riced cauliflower & broccoli (I found these packets of broccoli, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes in the RICE aisle that have NOTHING added to them! They are microwavable and so good! Here is a link on Amazon to the brand, but I bought them at Kroger for a lot less.
- Dinner – Tofu Marinara, steamed broccoli, & Thai Carrot Soup
- Breakfast – Avocado Toast & small Fruit & Greens Smoothie
- Lunch – Large Salad – Spring Mix, sunflower seeds, roasted peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, shredded carrots, green olives, pepitas, broccoli, fat free Balsamic vinegar; small Thai Carrot Soup.
- Dinner – Tempeh Enchiladas! OMG tried tempeh for the first time as “meat” for enchiladas and it was awesome. I didn’t tell my husband or kids and they said they loved them. Well except for my oldest who never liked enchiladas anyways, but he did eat it. LOL. I’ll get the recipe up soon! Early valentine’s dessert – 3 chocolate covered strawberries
- Snack – cashews & prunes
My weight loss on the nutritarian diet this week:
- Starting weight this week – 153.5 lbs
- Ending weight this week – 152.5 lbs
- Weight loss this week – 1 lbs
- Total weight loss so far – 11.5 lbs
I was very happy to be able to lose a pound in just a few days after returning from the camping trip. I’m now leaving on ANOTHER trip, this time to San Antonio with my husband over Valentine’s day. We’ll see how we do there! The biggest temptation? Margaritas….
Continue following me on my journey and see how I did in San Antonio for a 5 day trip – Week 7 of the Eat to Live Diet