I really like easy recipes. You know the ones where you can throw everything in at once? I don’t like many steps and having to put ingredients in at certain intervals – especially when I can’t see a reason why! This Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe is the way I like it! EASY!
AND this homemade red pepper hummus turned out even MORE delicious than I expected. I’m pretty particular about the consistency of my hummus. I’ve had some really amazing hummus from authentic Mediterranean restaurants. One of my faves is Aladdin Cafe in Crowley, TX. I highly recommend it if you are near by! They have lots of vegan options – just make sure to ask for the hummus or babaganoush without the drizzle of oil on top.
BUT, most all restaurants have oil added in. So getting the right consistency and creaminess at home without oil, can be a challenge. But this roasted red pepper hummus really hit a home run in the perfect texture department!
Want to see how easy this is? Check out the video of me making this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
Make sure to like the video & subscribe to my YouTube Channel to always get the latest videos each week!
What to use this homemade hummus with?
This roasted red pepper hummus is perfect for dipping raw veggies or whole grain hummus in. Or you can do what I love to do and use it as a sandwich or wrap spread. So easy to do and you can use whatever veggies you have on hand. Just grab any whole grain tortilla or bread, spread on the veggies like spinach/kale/arugula (gotta have the healthy greens!), bell peppers, onions, cucumber, or whatever you’ve got.
You can also use this hummus as a dressing for salad!!! I’m getting hungry just thinking about that possibility…
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Ingredients:
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you click a link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. It’s a win-win – you get great recommendations and I get to keep blogging! Thanks for your support!
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed & drained low sodium (1 can)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and add salt & pepper as desired and blend again.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Don’t have a food processor? You can also use a blender for this recipe. You just might have to scrape down the sides a couple times. This is the inexpensive food processor I use all the time!
Other Plant-Based recipes you might like:
- Healthy Vegan Nacho Cheese
- Garlic Cashew Cream Sauce
- Easy Hummus Lettuce Boats
- Tangy Spinach Hummus Recipe
- The Best Homemade Guacamole Recipe
Please comment below if you try this recipe!
Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
- Food Processor
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add salt & pepper as desired and blend again.