If you are like me, I have to mix up my salad regimen to keep it interesting and fun. Sometimes, it’s the exact same ingredients, but fixed in a different way, like these lettuce boats.
Lettuce boats make me feel like I’m eating a sandwich or taco, but it’s really just a salad! I think its the fact that I can hold it in my hands instead of eating it with a fork.
There are so many variations you can do with lettuce boats. If you don’t have the lettuce boats shape, you can use lettuce leafs and make it more of a sandwich. Romaine lettuce is a good shape for lettuce boats, but you can also find pre-packaged green leaf lettuce boats – I found mine at Kroger.
Standard disclosure – This post may contain links to affiliate products. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I use and love!
Related Reading – 5 Simple Steps to keep your Healthy Salad Exciting
I didn’t add beans to this, but the no-oil hummus recipe has a chickpeas base so you get your bean serving that way. Click here to use this tangy, spicy no-oil hummus recipe or use your own!
Other options you can use for lettuce boats:
Cauliflower, kale, spinach, black beans, green peppers, onion, mushrooms, shredded carrots, beets – ANYTHING you would normally put on your salad or try something new!
I used balsamic glaze and it looks so pretty drizzled over. You can also just use balsamic vinegar, but it just gets a little messier!
Easy Hummus Lettuce Boats Recipe
- 3 Lettuce leaf boats
- 6 tablespoons No-oil hummus
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips oil free
- 1/2 diced avocado
- 1 tablespoon pepitas or sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- Smear each of the lettuce leaf boats with equal amount of no-oil hummus. Click here for the no-oil hummus recipe.
- Split the broccoli between each lettuce leaf and top with roasted red peppers, diced avocado, and pepitas or sunflower seeds.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze.
- You can use ANY vegetables you would normally put on a salad and even use your own no-oil salad dressing!
Related Reading – Top 7 Superfoods for Super Immunity!