It’s so nice to be back from vacation and able to get back into a good routine of eating healthy and not being tempted at every turn. I’m starting to feel more comfortable with this way of eating and not stressed about what to make each day. I like finding simple meal ideas like just a sweet potato, quinoa, and steamed veggie – easy and filling! Even my kids like that as a meal. Score!
I did go try a vegan restaurant in Fort Worth called Spiral Diner and Bakery. My mom and I went there while she was visiting.
Let me tell you. I teared up a little bit.
I got a little teary looking at the vegan menu
It has been so long that I’ve been able to look at a menu and realize I had SO many choices and could eat ANYTHING on it. I had gotten used to just having 1-2 choices at most restaurants that when I opened the menu and started looking around I got a little emotional. It’s a strange feeling the first time.
There are SO many great HEALTHY vegan choices and they have a delicious homemade cashew based cheese sauce. I did end up getting the Ultimate Nachos because that is one of the things they are known for. But they had soooo many other awesome options like vegan burgers, whole grain veggie pastas, salads, mushroom burgers, quesadillas, and more. I can’t wait to go back!
BTW, the Ultimate Nachos was delicious and HUGE. I could only eat half and was still full later so I didn’t even eat dinner. Worth it. If you are in the Fort Worth medical district area, I HIGHLY recommend you check out Spiral Diner and Bakery. Even my mom liked it and she’s not vegan.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love!
Nutritarian Diet Food Journal Week 12
Day 78: 149.3 pounds to start
- Breakfast – Avocado Toast, coffee w/unsweetened soy milk
- Lunch – Spiral Diner (Vegan restaurant!!!) – Ultimate nachos w/ cashew cheese sauce, quinoa, black beans, jalopenos, green onions, black olives, avocado. It was HUGE and I could only eat about half.
- Dinner – not hungry since I was still full from lunch!
- Breakfast – Avocado Toast, raspberries, coffee w/unsweetened soy milk
- Lunch – 3 small corn tortillas filled with broccoli slaw, Engine 2 Polano Bean Burger, & Engine 2 no-oil hummus
- Dinner – Grilled “cheese” (Whole grain bread w/Daiya cheese) & tomato soup (Amy’s low sodium tomato bisque)
- Brunch – 3 Soy Chorizo Vegan Egg Breakfast Tacos, raspberries & blackberries, coffee w/unsweetened soy milk
- Dinner – Panera Bread – Modern Greek Salad (no feta) w/reduced fat balsamic dressing & 10 vegetable soup
- Breakfast – Everything Bagel Avocado Toast w/ spinach & arugula, coffee w/unsweetened soy milk
- Lunch – Spinach & arugula salad w/black beans, brown rice/quinoa mix, riced sweet potato, broccoli, pepitas, & fat free balsamic dressing
- Dinner – Veggie burger on whole wheat bun, w/non-dairy cheese slice, pickles, green lettuce, deli mustard; Peanut Butter Cookies; hummus w/broccoli & cauliflower & whole grain crackers; blackberries.
- Breakfast – Fruit and Green smoothie, green tea
- Lunch – Spinach & arugula salad, cabbage slaw, broccoli slaw, cucumber, bell pepper, sweet pepper, onion, hummus, red quinoa, sesame seeds, & fat free balsamic dressing
- Dinner – Taco Bean Soup & dried strawberries
- Breakfast – Avocado Toast; raspberries & blackberries, coffee w/unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch – Green lettuce leaf sandwich with no oil hummus, cucumber, black olives, arugula, onion, & deli mustard
- Dinner – Veggie burger on whole grain bun, daiya cheese, spinach, & deli mustard
- Breakfast – Avocado Toast topped w/arugula, coffee w/unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch – whole grain tortilla wrap w/no-oil hummus, spinach, arugula, cabbage slaw, broccoli slaw, & onions; small taco bean soup
- Dinner – Sweet potato, red quinoa, steamed broccoli; zucchini bread
My weight loss on the nutritarian diet this week:
- Starting weight this week – 149.3 lbs
- Ending weight this week – 148.1
- Weight loss this week – 1.2 lbs
- Total weight loss so far – 15.9 lbs
So close to 16 pounds! We’ll just call it that…:-)
I haven’t been solidly in the 140’s in sooooo long… I can FINALLY fit in to my favorite jean capris that I haven’t worn in YEARS. And yet, I know I’ve still got a ways to go to be truly where I want to me. I’m so proud that I did much better this week with WFPB choices and as a result I was able to lose another 1.2 pounds! WOOT WOOT!!!
Continue following my journey – on to Week 13!