This 3 ingredient breakfast is a go-to for me. My other go-to is a delicious Fruit and Greens Smoothie. But avocado just makes me soooo happy in the morning. And when I discovered I could buy Everything Bagel Seasoning at the store, I was in heaven!
I was actually at a restaurant in Temple, TX when I had my first Everything Bagel Seasoned Avocado Toast. At Meg’s, there is a little more to it including pickled radishes and some greens. Plus, I’m pretty sure their was some added oil, which made it delicious, but less nutritious….
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love and it helps keep this website up and running!
But the Everything Bagel Seasoning made it SO tasty, so I knew I had to find it at the store. When I did, it took my daily breakfast to a whole new level!
So basically I cut an avocado in half and then I use my knife to draw vertical and horizontal lines in the avocado half. This helps with breaking it up in pieces. I use a spoon to scoop out the now diced avocado onto my toasted Ezekiel Bread and spread it around. PS – I prefer the Sesame Ezekiel Bread.
Related Reading – Want to follow my progress learning how to Eat to Live? Check out Week 1!
Then lightly sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning. NOTE – the Everything Bagel Seasoning I have found DOES contain sodium – 80 mg. One of these days, I’m going to just buy all the ingredients and make my own with out the salt.
Tips for storing avocados
- I try to buy ripe avocados (dark & firm, but slightly soft when squeezed)
- If they are not ripe (hard & green), then I put them right next to my bananas on the counter. They will ripen super fast – in about a day or so!
- I store my ripe avocados in my fridge crisper. This makes them last much longer.
Only using 1/2 an avocado? Leave the seed in the side you aren’t using and cover it tightly with plastic wrap – I like Glad Press N Seal – then store in your fridge crisper. It will last a 1-2 days. If it is slightly browned on top, you can scrape it off and still use the rest of the avocado.
Add Arugula to your Avocado Toast
These days I’m adding Arugula to top off my avocado toast so I can get more dark leafy greens in everyday. Arugula is also a cruciferous vegetable which has TWICE the cancer-fighting properties than other vegetables. Arugula is now my FAVORITE go-to greens to add to my salads & sandwiches too. It’s got a delicious spicy flavor to it!
More delicious Whole Food Plant Based recipes:
Peanut Butter Cookies (made from lentils!)
My favorite no-oil Hummus Recipe! It’s a little tangy & spicy!
Everything Bagel Avocado Toast
- 1 slice Ezekiel Bread (I like the Sesame one)
- 1/2 avocado
- sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Put slice of Ezekiel Bread in toaster. You can also use any whole grain bread alternatively.
- Spread 1/2 an avocado on toast.
- Sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning if desired. You can leave it plain or try other seasonings as well.