The Holidays are coming up soon and that means…..DESSERT! But this year, I’ve got a healthy, whole food plant based, oil free, gluten free, Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe that will knock your socks off.
Shhhhh…..don’t tell your omnivore family that it’s plant-based. They won’t know it’s good for them! 🙂
A lot of vegan pumpkin pie recipes out there use a lot of oil or full fat coconut cream, which just adds lots of extra calories & even saturated fat. But this recipe doesn’t! Guilt free holiday dessert!
4 Ingredient No-Oil Vegan Pie Crust
The pie crust can be used for any pie and it’s oil free & gluten free! Only 4 ingredients and bakes up perfectly. No rolling out necessary, just press into your pie plate. I don’t even spray any cooking spray on my glass plate – doesn’t stick because it’s make with almond flour.
Pumpkin Pie Sweetener – Dates!
Instead of brown sugar, sugar, or coconut sugar, the main sweetener is date paste – which is so easy to make with just some pitted dates & water – use your food processor the blend until smooth and you have date paste! Get my 5 minute date paste recipe here. Dates & date paste are a much better sweetener because it’s the whole date which includes all the fiber & nutrients.
Does Pumpkin Pie need to be refrigerated?
Yes, this pie doesn’t have any preservatives so it’s best to keep it in the refrigerator. After it cools, it will firm up a little more in the fridge as well.
Top your Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a delicious WFPB Cashew Whipped Cream!
Learn How to Make Delicious Plant Based Recipes that are Quick, Easy, & Cheap!
Are new to a whole food plant based diet and a little overwhelmed? Not sure what you should and shouldn’t eat? Need help transitioning slowly with delicious & simple recipes your whole family will love that take 30 minutes or less? Let me help you with my Quick & Easy Plant Based Power Pack! I’ll give you the WFPB basics in simple to understand terms and tips on transitioning in a way that works for you. Learn more about my Quick & Easy Plant Based Power Pack HERE
More WFPB Pumpkin Recipes
- No-Bake Vegan Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- One Pot Pumpkin Pasta
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Savory Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Pie Hummus
- Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie (WFPB)
Optional Cashew Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 recipe vegan cashew whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour & ground flaxseed together. Then slowly mix in the water & maple syrup, and combine into a ball with your hands.
- Press the dough into the bottom & sides of a pie plate to make about a 1/4 inch thick crust. Use a fork to poke some holes in the bottom.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Add all the pie filling ingredients to a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Remove pie crust from the oven and pour the pie filling mixture into the crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Watch the crust the last 10-15 minutes and add a pie crust shield or foil strips around the edges, if it looks like it's getting too brown.
- Remove from oven & let cool on the counter for 15 minutes. Place in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours – it will firm up more!
New to whole food plant based eating? Grab my FREE GUIDE and learn the Simple Steps to start a Plant Based Diet. Fill out the form below!