When it comes to pumpkin pie or apple pie, you gotta have whipped cream on top! But now that you’re eating whole food plant based, you may have discovered they don’t sell a healthy, vegan, oil free, sugar free whipped cream….
No sweat! This 4 ingredient Vegan Cashew Whipped Cream recipe is super easy and soooo yummy!
What is cashew cream made out of?
My vegan cashew whipped cream is made out of only 4 ingredients – raw & unsalted cashews, pitted dates, pure vanilla extract, & water.
Raw cashews are best because they blend better than roasted.
No-soak cashew method
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love and it helps keep this website running!
I actually don’t pre-soak my cashews because I have a Vitamix. I have no problem getting it smooth and creamy so this recipe only takes me 5 minutes!
However, if you don’t have a really good blender, then you will want to soak you cashews for at least 30 minutes (maybe longer depending on your blender power). Just add all the ingredients to your blender and let it soak for at least 30 minutes.
To really get it creamy, you’re gonna need a high-powered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec. I used to have a Ninja for the longest time and it never got my nut recipes creamy like my Vitamix does. It’s really worth the investment!
How long does cashew cream last?
Vegan cashew cream will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze cashew whipped cream?
Yes! You can freeze it for up to 6 months. After defrosting, you can put it in your blender to get it creamy again.
What to use this Healthy Vegan Whipped Cream with?
The list is endless! This healthy vegan whipped cream takes the place of any sugary whipped cream you might have used in the past.
Use it on:
- Vegan Pumpkin pie
- Vegan Apple pie
- Vegan Pecan pie
- Icing for cake or cupcakes
- Dip strawberries in it
- Make a Red, White & Blue Berry parfait
- Strawberries & Cream
- Peaches & Cream
- Top this Chocolate Hazelnut Nice Cream with it
- You can even use it to top pancakes or waffles, like these Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Waffles or Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes.
Vegan Cashew Whipped Cream
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and add just enough water to cover the cashews.
- Blend on high until smooth & creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Cashew whipped cream will thicken up more in the refrigerator.
- Note: If your blender isn't high powered (like a Vitamix or Blendtec) you probably want to let the ingredients soak in the water in the blender for at least 30 minutes until softened before blending.
New to whole food plant based eating? Grab my FREE GUIDE and learn the Simple Steps to start a Plant Based Diet. Fill out the form below!