Have you ever thought about how some people make eating whole food plant based look so easy? They talk about how delicious their recipes are, but it all looks so complicated and you don’t even know what half their ingredients are, let alone, where to buy them.
Maybe you’ve seen people in Facebook groups with their success stories & how much weight they’ve lost & chronic diseases they’ve reversed, but you can’t even figure out how to put one meal together, let alone a whole week’s or month’s worth.
Believe me, I’ve been there too.
Eating to Live can seem so overwhelming
I wanted great health and to lose weight, but the whole thought of a completely new way of eating was so overwhelming. I didn’t even know where to start.
Plus, I had to take my family into consideration! I have a husband and 2 young kids, so this was going to have to be for all of us because I sure didn’t have the time to cook multiple meals every day. I had tried recipes in the backs of books and some were ok, but other’s ended up in the garbage. What a waste of time and money!
I needed SIMPLE, EASY, FAST, DELICIOUS recipes that my whole family would enjoy and it needed to be made with ingredients I had heard of.
This is how Plant Powered Weight Loss was born!
Formerly named The Eat to Live Beginner’s Guide, I wanted to create a course that would help people make eating whole food plant based a long term success and that is what the Plant Powered Weight Loss is all about! I started learning how to make simple, delicious, fast and easy recipes that myself, my husband, AND my young children liked. It took some time and experimentation, but my goal was always to K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple Stupid.
We had tried Eat to Live several years ago, but that only lasted a few months because the cooking was complicated and time consuming. I was working full time with 2 young boys and couldn’t figure out how to make it work for the long term. Even though I did lose weight, felt great, and looked great, those results STILL weren’t enough to outweigh how difficult and overwhelming it was.
This time around is different and I wanted it to be for the long term. My father has just passed away from Alzheimer’s and the more I learned & studied about a whole food plant based lifestyle, the more I knew this could save myself and family from the same terrible fate. As well as, protecting us from heart disease, diabetes, cancer, autoimmune disorders, and more – all of which run in mine & my husband’s family.
“My diabetes is well in check, I am losing weight once more and I have broken that plateau. This has been an amazing course for me. I have obtained a lot of great recipes and have broadened my knowledge on how to tweak some recipes to make them healthier. This course will make you feel great about yourself by helping you lose weight if you need to. It will change your health in every way. You owe it to yourself to give the course you’re best shot by doing it for yourself and by challenging the family to do it for 6 weeks with you and they will be able to tell the difference in themselves and not want to change back to the old way. Thank you Kim! This is the best money you can spend for your family, life and health.” – WILMA MOODY –
So how to make healthy whole food plant based eating a long term goal?
1. WFPB can be simple, fast, & easy:
Any way of eating that is complicated, time consuming, and difficult isn’t going to last for a long time. Which is the main reason I gave up several years ago. Cooking was a chore and trying to figure out what to make that was compliant AND something my whole family would like was an enormous task 3 times a day, day in and day out. It was EXHAUSTING.
My goal was to make all the recipes easy & simple and find ways to save time. I learned how to meal prep all my ingredients and batch cook. You don’t have to be in the kitchen all the time. You can come home to already prepared meals with a few simple tips and a strategy in place.
Plus, I now know what I can eat at restaurants & all the safe store-bought convenience foods!
“My struggle was to decide to go back eating Plant Based. I was vegan for 8 years, then I decided to eat cheese and salmon, then I slid for 3 years, I went back to eating meat and dairy, and that was not successful. All the progress I made with my health while I ate Plant Based, I unfortunately had lost it. The course put me back on track and got me back to cooking and sticking the best I can to eat Plant Based. It gave me the motivation and the pushing that I needed. The class is perfect for a beginner. Going back to eating healthy was beneficial, my blood sugar saw a big drop as well as my blood pressure. I lost 6 pounds +, and I lost inches and I walk 4 miles a week. I want thank you for the excellent class you put together and for providing a lot of recipes and nice information, you did an awesome job!” 👍👍– SYLVIE COTE-NACE –
2. Whole Food Plant Based can be delicious & enjoyable:
If you don’t enjoy what you are eating, you aren’t going to keep going for the long haul no matter how disciplined you are. If you are worried that you aren’t going to like the foods you eat, then I understand that fear. It is one of the main things I think that holds people back from trying this way of eating. They think they will be eating just leaves and everything will be bland.
Think again! Your mind will be open to all the new possibilities of foods, spices, cuisines, tastes, and you will not be bored! You know what IS boring? Eating nothing but baked chicken everyday with a few boring vegetables without flavor. Plus, terrible for your cholesterol and health!
“Before taking this course, I was more focused on what I COULDN’T eat on a plant-based diet rather than what I SHOULD be eating. I love that this lifestyle emphasizes eating an abundance of the good stuff rather than simply cutting out the bad stuff. There’s a big difference between the two, and until you have someone spell it out to you in black and white, you really don’t know that you’re missing a big piece of the health puzzle. If you’ve been thinking about trying the whole food plant based way of eating, then this course will take you from scratching your head to feeling like a pro. “ – SUMMER SEBASTIAN, PRETTY BIRD KITCHEN –
3. Plant Powered Weight Loss focuses on “Progress not Perfection:”
The other very important factor for me personally is I wasn’t going to beat myself up if I wasn’t perfect. That’s why I love the 90%/10% rule. If you eat 90% whole food plant based, then that 10% can be what you want. If you are concerned about not eating meat at all, then use that 10% of calories to eat small amounts of meat to add flavor to dishes. It’s not a lot, but it can make all the difference between being successful or not even trying.
Or maybe you know you have an upcoming event or party where they will be serving something you really want to partake in. Well, save your 10% calories up for that and don’t feel guilty! ENJOY it!
Several years ago, I felt I had to be perfect and I was really hard on myself when I wasn’t 100%. That was the wrong way to go about it. It ultimately caused me to quit.
The whole idea is to make this a lifestyle and not a temporary diet. While weight loss will occur, the main goal is health. Focus on filling your body with as many nutrient dense calories and MUCH LESS of the calorie dense foods. Progress not perfection.
So, if some of these things sounds like you then I want to show you what I’ve learned in Plant Powered Weight Loss I make it simple, fast, delicious, and a positive experience.
And, I include 12 video lessons, over 70 delicious & easy recipes, 6 weeks meal plans, grocery shopping lists, meal prep guide, daily checklists & more!
“What a great group to do this journey with…..I thank each of you for your suggestions, ideas and most of all doing it together. Kim Murphy this was an amazing experience, eye opener and so much to grow from! This has changed me and I am less than I have weighed in 20 yrs. Thank you💯”– TONI CANTU –
Plant Powered Weight Loss Members get additional social support & BONUSES:
- Facebook Accountability Group – connect with other people who are on the same journey as you, swap recipes & tips, and know you aren’t alone.
- 6 Weeks Challenges – in our Facebook Accountability Group we have 6 weeks challenges where you can win prizes! Good ones too – I’ve given away food processors, blenders, cookbooks, and more! 6 weeks challenges help keep you motivated by being active in our group.
- Live Group Coaching Calls – I’ll be going LIVE once a week in our Facebook Accountability Group, to give you tips, motivation, encouragement, and answer your questions. If you can’t be with us live, the videos will be saved in the group so you can watch them later on your own time. (we have people all across the world in different time zones!)
- Bonus #1 – Weekly Meal Planning System – if you want to incorporate some of your own favorite recipes, you can use my printable weekly meal planning templates to help you get organized, make your grocery shopping lists, and plan your prepping days.
- Bonus #2 – WFPB Compliant Store Bought Food Guide – maybe you want some quick convenience foods to incorporate so you don’t have to cook as much. This guide is a huge list of safe brands that can be purchased at many local grocery stores.
- Bonus #3 – Tips to break through weight loss plateaus – have you gotten stuck in your weight loss and feel like you are doing everything you can? There are sometimes small tweaks you may not realize are important in reving up weight loss and this guide will give you lots of options to try out!
- Bonus #4 – How to get your family on board with plant-based eating – do you have kids or a husband that isn’t as excited as you are about eating whole food plant based? I know that feeling! This video will go through lots of tips & suggestions on how to help them transition and feel like they are part of the process.
- Bonus #5 – How to get motivated and stay motivated – you get a digital copy of my ebook, Motivational Mondays: A Weekly Guide to Living Your Best Live & Achieving your Dreams. Weekly tips, inspiration, encouragement, and sometimes tough love to help you push past motivational issues that might have held you back in the past.
- Bonus #6 – The Pleasure Trap – the cravings aren’t your fault and you aren’t weak! Learn the science behind why we crave certain foods and how you can get yourself out of the pleasure trap.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE about Plant Powered Weight Loss!