This 3rd week of my Nutritarian Diet has been again surprisingly easy and I’ve continued to lose weight. I’ve never been able to lose weight on ANY diet, for 3 straight weeks in a row.
The main reason is probably compliance. On other diets, it is just so difficult to stick with it and not cheat. Whether counting calories, points, or restricting carbs, I’ve always been constantly hungry and had unrelenting cravings. The whole time I’m trying to justify eating the fries, candy, chips, etc and “fit” them in to the calories or points. It’s mentally and emotionally exhausting.
On normal SAD diets, I’m always feeling guilty because I can’t be “perfect” and then since I can’t stick to the diet 100% because of the non-stop cravings, I of course don’t have good results. I either don’t lose as much weight as I should or even start to GAIN weight by the 2nd or 3rd week. It’s so disheartening. I give up and gain all the weight back and more. I think I’ve been losing and gaining 5-6 pounds for the past 3 years. Talk about unsuccessful yo-yo dieting.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission for referring you at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I love! Thank you for your support!
I’m not hungry and don’t feel deprived on the Nutritarian Plan
But on this Nutritarian Diet, I don’t feel hungry, I don’t feel deprived, and I don’t have ANY cravings. It’s really amazing and surprising! I didn’t think it would be this easy. When you fill yourself with thousands of micronutrients that your body has been craving, your hunger is stunted and you don’t have cravings for junk food. Because of this, I’ve been able to stick to it 100% and have continued to lose weight.
It’s amazing how your body works so much better and naturally tries to achieve its ideal weight when it’s filled with the nutrients to work at its peak level. It’s like if you never change the oil in your car and put bad gas in it, it’s not going to work well and will probably breakdown. You have to take care of your body and fill it will good nutrients to expect it to work its best.
Nutritarian Diet Food Journal Week 3
Day 15: 155 pounds to start
- Breakfast – Small bowl of fruit (wasn’t hungry today) – raspberries, blackberries, honeydew, cantaloupe, ground flax seeds; coffee with unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch – didn’t really eat lunch because I had a kiddo home sick. We snacked while we watched a movie together – fat free popcorn & nutritarian peanut butter cookies.
- Dinner – Chickpea Burger on whole grain bun w/spinach, onions, mustard, non-dairy cheese and steamed corn.
- Breakfast – Fruit & Greens Smoothie; coffee with unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch – Whole grain tortilla wrap w/ leftover crumbled chickpea burger, lettuce, 1/2 avocado, red & orange sweet peppers, purple onion, fat free balsamic vinaigrette, 2 peanut butter cookies
- Dinner – Pita Pizza – whole grain pita w/pineapple, spinach, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, black olives, non-dairy cheese, low sodium pizza sauce and Taco Bean Soup.
- Breakfast – Avocado Toast (1/2 avocado spread on 1 slice Ezekiel Bread toasted); coffee with unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch – small fruit & greens smoothie, Broccoli with this Nutritarian Cheese Sauce, whole grain pasta rotini with this mac n cheese (use whole grain flour & don’t add salt or sugar)
- Dinner – Quinoa & black beans, turnips & collard greens, peas & carrots, chocolate cherry cookies.
- Breakfast – Avocado Toast (1/2 avocado spread on 1 slice Ezekiel Bread Toast) & small fruit & greens smoothie
- Lunch – Nutritarian mac & cheese – whole grain pasta with this mac n cheese (use whole grain flour & don’t add salt or sugar)
- Dinner – 2 pieces of Nutritarian Lasagna & 2 peanut butter cookies
- YIKES! so many carbs today…I need to get back to eating a salad for lunch everyday…
- Breakfast – Fruit bowl w/ground flax seed (raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, cantaloupe, kiwi); coffee w/ unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch – Jason’s Deli – salad bar – spring mix greens, hummus, red & orange peppers, onions, beans, corn, broccoli, carrots, black olives, peas, balsamic vinegar. Apple slices for dessert.
- Dinner – Taco Bean Soup & 2 peanut butter cookies.
- Breakfast – Fruit bowl w/ground flax (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, banana slices); coffee w/ unsweetened almond milk
- Lunch – Taco Bean Soup & 2 peanut butter cookies.
- Dinner – Tofu Marinara, peas, corn on the cob, peanut butter cookies
- Breakfast – Fruit & Greens smoothie (blueberries, strawberries, mango, banana, fresh OJ, ground flax seed)
- Lunch – Salad – spring mix, baby carrots, farro, grape tomatoes, avocado, black beans, black olives, sunflower seed, fat free balsamic vinaigrette (this Maple Grove brand – I buy mine at Kroger for less).
- Dinner – Nutritarian Lasagna, 2 peanut butter cookies, and fudgy black bean brownies.
My Weight Loss on the Nutritarian Diet:
- Starting weight this week – 155 lbs
- Ending weight this week – 153.4 lbs
- Weight loss this week – 1.6 lbs
- Total weight loss so far – 10.6 lbs
My weight loss has slowed over the past 2 weeks and as I look over my food journal I have noticed that I’ve consumed more whole grains and less salad. Next week, I’m going to commit to having that large salad every day for lunch and make sure I’m not eating more than 1 serving of whole grains a day. While whole grains are completely ok to eat on a Nutritarian diet, if you eat too many then you crowd out the amount of vegetables, fruit, or beans that you would be eating.
Want to keep following my journey? Click here for what I ate week 4 and see if my weight loss continued.
So, if you find that your weight loss is slowing, take a look at how many whole grain servings that you are eating each day (whole grain bread, tortilla, pasta, brown rice, quinoa, etc). Once you achieve your ideal weight, you won’t need to worry too much about that, but if you need aggressive weight loss, definitely limit the amount of whole grains and choose the least processed and highest ANDI score foods.
Get my Top 10 Plant-Based Recipe eBook for FREE when you join Simply Plant-Based! Plus, you’ll receive a weekly newsletter chocked full of new plant-based recipes, tips, and inspiration. Fill out the form below!