I’m always looking for new whole food plant based dessert recipes for my family to try. Especially ones that my kids will like. My oldest likes this vegan carrot cake, but that gets a little messy to send to school!
I think being able to eat dessert every single day really helps me enjoy eating plant-based even more. No other diet has helped me lose weight and allowed dessert! It really just matters how you make it and what ingredients you use. The taste is a natural sweetness that isn’t overpowering and doesn’t make you want to overeat, but gives you the satisfaction of having a sweet treat. Score!
Another favorite dessert are these Fudgy Black Bean Brownies, but I need to branch out so we don’t get bored of the same thing all the time.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. It’s what keeps this blog alive! Thanks for your support!
I tried making the Lemon Balls from Dr. Fuhrman’s Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook, but the lemon flavor was too overpowering and my kids didn’t like them. So I decided to change it up a bit and use orange juice instead. I also left out the zest. It may have good nutrients, but it’s just too bitter for the kiddos. And since I’m trying to get my whole family to “Eat to Live” then that’s important. I can’t just make what I like!
By the way if you need a good whole food plant based cookbook with a lot of EASY delicious recipes, Dr. Fuhrman’s Eat to Live Quick and Easy Cookbook is my absolute favorite. It has beautiful glossy pictures accompanying all the recipes, too!
No-Bake Orange Coconut Ball Ingredients:
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 3 oranges
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
These turned out great and are so quick and easy to make. No baking required and everything goes in the food processor. Roll in some coconut, refrigerate to harden, and done!
Keep them stored in the refrigerator and they will last at least a week – or not because they will probably be gone!
Bento Boxes are PERFECT for Kids’ school lunches
These are perfect to throw in your kids’ school lunches for a yummy treat! I recently got some kids’ school bento boxes and they are AWESOME! They are leak proof, insulated, and the compartments are sealed from each other as well. I like being able to give my kids more choices to eat rather than just 2-3 things. I bought 2 different brands & have been happy with both – Bentgo & Kinsho Bento Box.
More great whole food plant based desserts:
- The BEST Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Healthy Vegan Carrot Cake
- Delicious Zucchini Bread
- Dr. Fuhrman’s Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Healthy Vegan Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Hazelnut Nice Cream
- Easy Vegan Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
No-Bake Orange Coconut Balls Recipe
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 3 small oranges, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted & chopped
- Process cashews in a food processor until a fine powder is formed. Add orange juice, dates, & coconut and process until dough forms.
- Sprinkle extra coconut onto parchment paper. Roll dough into about 30 small balls and then roll in extra coconut to coat. Place balls in an airtight container and refrigerate until hard, about 1 hour.